January 30, 2016

No subscriptions, but I've got issues...

Saturday 9: Don't You Care? (1967)


1) What's something that seems to fascinate everyone else, but you just don't care about?
The Walking Dead, and zombies in general.  My sister, brother, and his fiancee all watch the show religiously.  It seems like all the Generation Next kiddies do.  I can't stand gory stuff, or disaster movies, or most horror movies because I disturb easily.  A zombie show just isn't my thing.

2) The lyrics refer to "the times we cried and laughed." Which did you do more recently, cry or laugh?
Every day, I find myself crying...but I laughed a little bit ago.

3) In the song, our hero seems surprised that his girlfriend doesn't believe him. Are you more believing and trusting, or suspicious and skeptical?
I don't know if I'm able to trust anyone any more, and that scares me a bit.

4) This song is just over two minutes long, which seems short for a song but awful long when Sam is waiting for her chicken soup to heat in the microwave. What's the last thing you heated in a microwave?
Had some really good stuffed shells last night.

5) This week's band, The Buckinghams, was one of the first acts to perform at Chicago's premiere summer festival, The Taste of Chicago.* Let's think ahead: Have you made any plans for Summer 2016?
Nope!  I hope to go to the beach, see fireworks on the 4th, and have a better one that I did last year.

6) In 1967, when this song was popular, Rolling Stone magazine published its first issue. What magazines do you subscribe to? Do they arrive in the mail, or do you read them online?
It's been a while since I had a subscription.  The last ones I had were Better Homes and Gardens and Women's Day.  Once got a subscription to Astronomy so I could get bonus points for a course.  I miss getting magazines.

7) Country star/American Idol judge Keith Urban was born in 1967. Are you watching the final season of American Idol?
Nope.  Another thing that fascinates others, but not me.

8) In 1967, the average cost of a movie ticket was $1.25. By 2015, it had risen $8.60. What's the last movie you saw in a theater?
Got to see The Force Awakens! After being spoiled....assholes. X(

9) Random question: Sam's taking everyone out to dinner and she's buying. Would you prefer the steak or the lobster?
Lobster!  I love seafood.  (Sorry about that bill)

8 comments:

  1. Stuffed shells! I'm off dairy for the time being, and I so long for gooey cheese.

    I'm afraid I don't get the fascination with zombies, either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to binge watch the Star Wars movies today! Then I hope to see the new one at the theater tomorrow for a matinee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't get the zombie thing, either. I thought the new Star Wars was a good follow-up, better than the "pre-stories" they did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The same here: no zombies. I don't understand why people are fascinated by death and enjoy phantasies about it. We're all going to experience it first hand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think people just want to take the fear out of it.

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! Comments are moderated, and you might not see yours right away, so check back later!