November 6, 2011

Fall Behind

It's not that I don't appreciate the extra hour that Daylight Savings provides. It's just that I'd like, oh, about 191 more.  If only it were still October!  I wouldn't feel like I was running out of time.

I've got one of those funny BLOGGER questions laying around, I'll put that up eventually.

Holiday Guilt will be setting in soon.  I just hate when people don't allow you to feel bad about yourself.  Yeah, "someone's got it much worse".  So? That somehow means that my problems will suddenly go away?

"Oh, I was in an accident and I lost my arm!"
"Yeah?  Well, you're lucky - other people died! It could be much worse."
"Oh, well, okay.  I guess MY MISSING ARM is suddenly no problem at all!"

It's not that I don't have sympathy for the less fortunate, of course I do.  I just think it's mean and inconsiderate to belittle someone's problems just because they aren't huge problems.  This is not something you want to hear when you're down!  For you, in your situation, your problems are serious enough to warrant worrying about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Comments are moderated, and you might not see yours right away, so check back later!