June 17, 2011

In Which I Explain



I've had blogs so many different times, but I've never been comfortable sharing them.  I see so many bloggers gaining notoriety that I think I'll do more than dip my toe in this time.


You'll notice I like to pretend this is one of  ThoseJournals, with userpics/icons.  I don't really care how stupid it may look.  I prefer BLOGGER.

Also, I use pseudonyms and nicknames.  I don't feel comfortable talking about people I know with their real names, for their privacy, unless I have permission.

******Recently did a major purge, I guess I'm "starting over", so to speak.  I'll have to do the labels over, too, because it's a little disorganized over here.


About the title:  I was always impressed with the name "Isle of Misfit Toys" in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.  It's so poetic, and doesn't sound at all like the inhabitants would be miserable there (although they were).  My "misfit prose" is stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else:  random musings, rants, story scraps.  Seems like a good description of a personal blog to me!

Yeah, I'm a writer.  My love/hate relationship with words might turn some of you off but if you stick around, you just might learn something.  It's still a better love story than Twilight.


*icon from The Black-Eyed Peas' "8-Bit My Pic" app

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Comments are moderated, and you might not see yours right away, so check back later!