June 18, 2011

Accio July! (perhaps some spoilers)

As you can tell, I'm really excited to see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2.  However, every time a new trailer comes out, I'm surprised at the odd scenes they've added. 


SPOILER

SPACE

JUST

IN

CASE


Besides the "Harry/Voldemort jumping off the roof" that came out of nowhere, the new trailer also inexplicably has Lily tearfully addressing baby Harry.  Huh?  An AK kills instantly, does it not?  Unless they are going to say that she heard James' demise, and decided to say goodbye to her son while she still had the chance.  That actually would have been pretty good for the book...but Harry has never seemed to remember his mother's voice.   Are we getting this flashback from the Stone ghosts?

The odds are favorable that my favorite scene (see icon) will be in the movie!!  :-D    There's definitely Molly in the trailer shooting someone.  My question is:  in the book, Molly announces the smackdown, then she and Bellatrix duel a bit before she kills her.  How much do you want to bet that Movie Molly takes her down with one flashy hit?  Movies apparently know we have no patience. 

I'm a little sad to say I might not be able to continue my tradition of seeing the movies in theaters with my sister.  I don't even know where I'm going to be next month, and the appropriately named townlet I live in has the world's smallest theater, anyway.  

*icon obviously from Potter Puffs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Comments are moderated, and you might not see yours right away, so check back later!